Monday 16 November 2009

Stairway To Heaven

In the Bible Heaven is known as a venue where the richest gifts and happiness will be bestowed upon us. The lucky and knowledgeable ones here on earth know you can go there during the week and have an amazing time in paradise.

By now I hope you have sussed out that I’m not talking about the ‘Kingdom of Christ’. I am referring to the gay club in Central London called Heaven. It naturally appeals primarily (but not exclusively) to the gay market but still offers the opportunity to have a fabulous time, even if you’re not of that sexual orientation.

For those of you who are the ultimate X Factor fans would be wise to attend G-A-Y (twinned with Heaven) on a Saturday night to see the latest act voted off perform, or you could just sit back and relax with a Simon Cowell or Cheryl Cole cocktail and watch the live TV show!

The majority of performers are from a pop/dance background. Heaven has been host to Alphabeat, Eurythmics and Cher. Despite being a mainstream club it manages to keep an intimate atmosphere. Admittedly it’s very different to where I would normally go for a gig, as I prefer a grotty local with old men sitting quietly on their own observing their surroundings.

I never would have thought I would be attending Heaven to see a band but having been, seen and conquered the dance floor I would suggest you all set a date in your calendars to boogie the night away with drag queens and sickeningly good looking men who are (unfortunately for me) into other sickeningly good looking men!




No comments:

Post a Comment